Friday, February 2, 2007

Birthday night

I didn't go out to celebrate my birthday on wednesday night because many of my friends and I had a ton of reading for Thursday. Instead, we all went out on Thursday night. We started the night at a pub near one of the train stations near the school. It was an Irish pub with some authentic and some not so authentic Irish food.

Then after the pub (only 1 picture is from the pub) we went to a latin cafe, in the city I can't get away from... Roppongi. It was a great night, I learned how to salsa, had some drinks, and had a ton of fun. Also, it was the first time since I arrived in Japan that I could speak in a foreign language using full sentences. This, of course, was because all the servers spoke spanish.







6 comments:

Sarah said...

ooh! Sounds fun. I love birthdays!

Unknown said...

I do find it quite entertaining that you had to go to Japan to learn to Salsa...

angelaphotos said...

ha... I agree. You grow up in Miami and, of all places, learn to salsa in Japan. FUNNY

Unknown said...

Angela gave me the link to your blog, sounds like you're having a blast! I have an interview for JET in 2 weeks...anything about Japan I should know for it?? - Liz (Sarah and Angela's friend from the hookah bar)

Jonathan said...

Liz, not too much about Japan I can tell you, but i can mention something about Jet. There are a couple guys who are in my prog. who did Jet in the past. They had vastly different experiences. One was in Tokyo and had to pay for housing and living etc. The other was in a small town hours away from Tokyo, and had an apartment and car paid for. Your location and what is paid for, may be some things to inquire about. Regarding Japan, the country is as many would make it out to be. Tokyo is clean and safe and the people are considerate and quiet (except when they drink after work). Good luck!!

CP said...

I love how you learned to salsa in JAPAN!!!!!

Hi-- I could've taught you over New Year's! lol.