Friday, March 16, 2007

The day before Kyoto

The day before Kyoto (which my father pointed out is an anagram of Tokyo), Joe and I woke up early and went to Tsukiji fish market. This was a very busy day. We also visited the Hamaryku gardens, odaiba, Akasaka, Roppongi and Roppongi Hills. I split the day up into a few posts to show more pictures.

We arrived at the fish market at about 6am. The first time I went to Tsukiji it was raining, this time it was dry but freezing. Being my second time there, I rushed into the market and started pointing neat stuff out to Joe, who, as a first time visitor, was a little overwhelmed by the hubbub of activity and the somewhat grotesque selling of fish. After 15 minutes or so, he was acclimated and the fun began. The cold didn’t keep anyone away, and the very narrow aisles of vendors were far more crowded than the last time I was there. I only took a few new pictures, so the bumping didn’t affect me, but Joe went on a picture and video rampage. He nimbly avoided the (as opposed to him) very petite Japanese buyers, who bounced from one vendor to another.





No comments: